Friday, May 2, 2014

Paper Pregnancy and a lot of other stuff

WOW! It's been a long long time since I updated anything about our adoption so I'm sure you are all so curious!

Well, we are officially paper pregnant! Meaning we are in the Home Study stage which is LOTS and LOTS of paperwork. LOTS of doctors visits, LOTS of book reading, LOTS question answering, LOTS and LOTS of things.

I'll admit, I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all. Looking at the paperwork and all that we need to get done has scrambled my brain, and I've kind of put ignored. I know that sounds horrible because the longer we take with our part the longer the process takes, but I want to be real. This is hard. On top the paperwork we need $2100 in order to pay for our home study. I guess I'm having a hard time focusing. What is more important turning in paperwork that we can't do anything with until we have $2100 to pay for our home study or raising the money first and then worrying about the paperwork?

This is where my brain is at. Overwhelmed by so much with adoption stuff, but then also trying to live in the moment with Paul and the girls.

We also asked to have access to waiting child list of Haiti Children, and there is a sweet little 5 year old girl that has my heart. We requested younger than Amelia, but this girl. I can't explain it. I see her sweet face and I'm wondering if God is trying to tell me to let go of my concerns about having older children in our home and just go with it. Honestly, I haven't even talked to Paul about it. I haven't had the words to express my heart. I don't even know. But I know this little girl is older, and less likely to find a home, and she is precious. She is created by God and needs a family. So, here I am pouring my heart out to each of you that may stop by this little space, and asking for prayer. Please pray that God would just lead us to the child or children that God has for us. That we wouldn't pass by one because they don't fit our criteria. Pray that we will be open, wise and discerning.

And finally, thank you so much for those of you who have supported us financially and through prayer. Whether it be through buying a puzzle piece, buying some AWESOME Jamberry Nails, or Advocare so that our friends can support our adoption we truly appreciate it. From the bottom of our hearts. I'm moved to tears every time someone says they want to do an adoption fundraiser for us. Y'all $37,000 is a lot of money. It was pretty much my teaching salary. So having people walk along side of us in this time to donate to our adoption so that we can bring these babies home is humbling. I really don't have words. Thank you doesn't seem like enough. But it really is all I have. We love you all! Even if we haven't met! You are part of our story, and we love you!

No comments: