Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All of the sudden...

This pregnancy, which seemed nearly impossible to happen a year ago, is coming to an end.

This pregnancy, which had many shocking moments, times of grief, excitement, and overwhelming joy is ending NEXT week!!

Our Maternal Fetal Medicine Doctor, Dr. DeStefano, told us after we lost Owen that we would need to deliver between 37-38 weeks. Dr. Seeker wanted to wait until closer to 38 weeks. He thinks we can make it to 39 weeks, but it isn't his decision. He has to defer to Dr. DeStefano who has more schooling and experience in bringing high risk babies into the world. She said yesterday she's not budging...this baby girl needs to come between 37-38 weeks.

Dr. Seeker said if she didn't think we should wait he thinks March 10 or March 11 is a when we should induce or do a c-section. WHAT?!? I wasn't prepared for that. I thought for sure I had until March 16th. Nope...this baby is coming next week. For sure!

We will find out more today after we see Dr. Seeker. We will decide c-section or induction, we will decide on a date and time, and then Paul and I will frantically figure out all we need to do in order to bring this baby home and be ready for her. So many things left to do!

Last week, I was completely terrified about losing 6 days to prepare. 6 days where I could spend some time either sleeping or just hanging out with my husband. This morning I found myself talking to her, and asking her if she was ready to be out in this world. She began squirming like I have never felt before. I think she is ready for lots of snuggles.

I am ready to hold this baby girl that I have prayed for for so long. I am ready to kiss her, feed her, wake up 30 times a night to take care of her. I'm ready to bring her home, and watch her grow. I'm ready to see God's plan for her life play out. I'm ready to learn more about who God is through this little life.

I don't know why God chose to leave her and take Owen, but I know that God's plan for Owen's life only included him being with us in the womb for 18 weeks. I know that God's plan for Julia's life includes more than we can imagine. I can't wait to see what He is going to do.

This little girl is more precious than I could have ever really understood before her life was conceived. And as long as it felt like this pregnancy was going to last..

All of the sudden...

It's OVER....

And we get to bring our little girl home...

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait to hear the news!

rebekah@smith, party of 4 said...

i LOVE your joy for this girl! even before you had even met her! that is how i felt about our girls too. especially addison, our oldest, because, like julia, was so long in coming (over 2 years of trying-a lifetime for a woman begging god to be a mother). i am so happy for you and paul. god is truly amazing and his timing is perfect!