Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Julia Ruth

Julia Ruth was born March 11, 2011 at 7:46 AM. She was 19 inches long and weighed 6 lbs. 7 oz. She is absolutely beautiful!

We had a scheduled c-section and everything went very smoothly. Dr. Seeker even said that it was good that we did the c-section earlier than he wanted because her placenta was very calcified. Basically, her placenta was getting to the stage that it wouldn't be able to support her. It was doing exactly what our maternal fetal medicine doctor thought it was going to.

I will say this...morphine in your spine is CRAZY!! I felt very loopy, and the only thing I could think when I saw her was how beautiful she was. I am still amazed that God has blessed me with her.

Paul is a great daddy too! He is so patient and supportive. He tells me how good I'm doing at 2 AM when she is crying and I can't get her to latch. (We are getting better at nursing).

She squeaks in her sleep which is absolutely adorable. I love when I am holding her and she just starts smiling in her sleep. I love how she snuggles. She is such a blessing.




1 comment:

Kate said...

She is so beautiful! I'm glad they did the c-section when they did. All in God's plan, right? *hug* Love ya, Cyster!