Saturday, August 4, 2012

Olympic Walking?

Oh the Olympics! I get so excited every time they come around. I remember sitting on the floor in our Living Room watching them when I was a little girl. I think watching them takes me back to that feeling of being little. You know the one...where you have NO WORRIES!

Ahhh, I miss those days. They were my favorite. I miss playing outside, swinging, jumping on the trampoline, playing with my friends, and hula hooping (kind of surprised this hasn't made it into the Olympics yet).

Now I feel like I worry about E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. I worry mostly about Julia. Most recently I was worried that she wasn't ever going to walk. Our pediatrician told me she wasn't worried, that Julia was developing normally, but I just couldn't believe her. I mean, come on, ALL of her friends (younger and older) were walking. Something has to be wrong with her.

My mom kept telling me that she's just stubborn. She also told me she gets it from me. Um...where did I get it from?

Turns out I have a daughter her likes to do things in her own time. Tuesday, she just stood up and walked from her little chair to the ottoman and back. Over and over and over and over again. CRAZY!

And I'm sure you are wondering what all of this has to do with Olympics. Well, after spending HOURS watching the Olympics with my sweet girl I told her she had to walk to be an Olympic athlete. That seemed to work. It was that or Grandmother telling her she can't come spend the night until she's walking.

Not sure which argument it was that finally convinced her walking isn't such a bad thing, and she isn't a full blown walker just yet but it's coming.

And I'm giving her the GOLD!


No comments: