Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I am so grateful for the beginning of a new year. It reminds me of how the new beginning I have in Christ. This year I am going to focus on being more joyful, and grateful for the blessings God has given me. I am excited about what God is going to do in our family this year!!!

A friend of mine posted some resolutions on her blog and then asked her readers to post their resolutions as a comment. I think this is a great idea so I am asking you to do the same. I really would like to be able to pray for you to meet these goals this year too!!

My 2010 resolutions:
1) Gain a better understanding of who God is as I read through the Bible daily.
2) Understand more about Sustainable Living, and begin shopping for what is in season and at Farmer’s Markets, using products that are good for the enviroment, supporting local businesses, and support businesses that are helping us not hurting us.
3) Love my students the way God loves me.
4) Get to know my neighbors.
5) Love the kiddos that God brings into our home through adoption.
6) Become more healthy through eating foods that are better for me and exercising regularly.

So what have you resolved to do?

P.S. My friend is Beth, and she has amazing recipes, tips on sustainable living, and an Etsy shop where she is selling some of her creations (purses, jewlery, etc). She is absolutely amazing so please check it out, and if you see some thing that you like please purchase it! These items are very well made, and affordable!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Such great resolutions! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the mention! :)

My resolutions are very similar to yours - I can't wait to see how this year unfolds!