Sunday, January 24, 2010

WOW!!

Lately I have been craving French Onion Soup...I'm not sure why since I have only had it once, but I really have wanted to try and make it.  Since my friend recently introduced me to Pioneer Woman, I decided that I would check out her website to see if there was a recipe.  What I found has changed my life!  We love it because it is an inexpensive meal (since we used Swiss Cheese instead of Gruyere), we use minimal dishes, and it makes enough for a couple meals worth of big bowls or several small bowls.  I think it would be great with an AWESOME salad!


We made it last night (it takes time...you should start this a couple hours in advance), and then had leftovers for lunch today, and we were not disappointed.  The one thing we realized is that you don't want to over do it with cheese.  Last night we used 2 slices of cheese and this afternoon we used one...SO MUCH BETTER WITH ONLY 1!!!  It true that you can have too much of a good thing.  The only thing I really want to do differently is try it with Gruyere cheese since I have heard so many wonderful things about it, but let me tell you with Swiss Cheese it is simply amazing.  Check it out, and check out the rest of her website as there are TONS of great recipes that I can't wait to try out.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Mm love pioneer woman and French onion soup! Delicious!

Anonymous said...

yum! It is only 10am here and I am salivating over the picture!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!

Will make ya one of my feral hog tortilla wraps.

PAC