Monday, June 27, 2011


Now that Julia is 3 1/2 months old we thought it was a good time to take our first trip to visit family and attend a friend's wedding. We thought it would be smooth sailing. We knew we would have to stop for feedings, but we expected that. Not this:

Friday: We left our house at 7:45 AM so we could go through Lakeway and drop off dinner for a friend who on bed rest. We expected my mom to be leaving Giddings at 9 AM so we would arrive in Waco around 11 AM and head to Ft. Worth to see my grandparents.My mom didn't leave until 10:36 AM. Julia slept from our house to Georgetown and then cried from Georgetown to Waco. We stopped to feed her and change her diaper, but she kept crying. We were in Waco before we knew it. We went to the mall to find a pair of dress pants for Paul since he's between sizes in his closet. We spent sometime at the mall, and then headed to meet my mom at the McDonald's just north of Waco. Julia enjoyed being out of the car and couldn't have been more upset when we put her back in. We headed to Ft. Worth, and had to stop 20 minutes outside of town to feed a screaming baby who didn't want a bottle. We finally got to my grandparents around 3 PM, and we thought all was right with the world. We had a fantastic visit, and left around 4:15 PM to head to Allen to stay with Paul's brother. Julia cried from Ft. Worth to Allen. I'm gonna blame it on the traffic. It was miserable, and frustrating. And we arrived at there house close to 7 PM. I HATE DALLAS TRAFFIC!

Saturday: We started off wonderfully. Jenny and I went to have some mommy time out, and get manis and pedis for her birthday. We got back, ate lunch and then we had to get ready to go to the wedding....In Arlington. The trip there was pretty uneventful, and the wedding was beautiful. Julia did great at the wedding and through the reception. We left around 6:40 PM, and expected an easy drive back to Allen. Guess who forgot to check what was going on in Arlington that day...US! There was a Ranger game and we got stuck in game traffic. We finally got back after 8 PM, and were able to eat. We missed the meal at the wedding because we needed to go, and our table hadn't been called to go through the buffet yet. We did get Torchy's Tacos!

Sunday: We enjoyed just hanging around the house and playing with the kiddos. We had fajitas for lunch and they were delicious. Before we were able to eat I mentioned that I was so hungry I was nauseous. I was eating and I still felt hungry. I had a banana and apple before we left. I was still hungry. I thought. We got stuck in traffic in downtown Dallas because of a wreck and I had to go to the bathroom. The longer it took us to find a place to stop...the more I noticed I was nauseous. We spent 45 minutes at a Starbucks as I ran back and forth to the bathroom. Nothing happened. I thought I was going to be fine, but we got south of Dallas to stop for gas and I just knew I was going to be sick. I went to the bathroom and it was locked. I banged on the door, and no one responded. The lady inside said it was unlocked. I lost it. I turned around, found a bush and threw up. We went to the McDonald's next door where that continued. We had to stop in Carl's Corner for yet another bathroom break. I was miserable. We bought some Pepto Bismol and I took it. It worked wonderfully. Then I found out that since I'm nursing I'm not supposed to take it. I was gonna have to pump and dump and Julia was getting bottles the rest of the night. All of that combined with drivers that weren't paying attention or driving 10 miles under the speed limit in the left lane made for a 6 hour trip home.

On top of that we left my pillow. ARGH!

I'm not sure when we will travel again, but it can't be much worse than this. I'm praying we learn how to travel with a little one. This was miserable...

No comments: