Monday, September 8, 2008

Something I found out this morning...

So I talked to the nurse from my doctor's office and she said that I needed to come in for them to check my levels of hCG and progesterone. I just got back from that, and I have a positive outlook because the lady in the lab got me on the first stick! That might not be such a big deal to you, but it is to me.

The nurse said that because before I had gotten a positive pregnancy test I got a negative pregnancy test that there is no way that the positive was from residual hCG from the shot I got earlier. So that means the positive pregnancy test and positive blood test were both telling me I really am pregnant. However, now the hCG numbers need to go up so that we know the bleeding is not an early miscarriage or what they call a chemical pregnancy. Basically it means the egg fertilized and never fully implanted.

So if you think about us today say a little prayer. The nurse said if I could get there this morning they could let me know by this afternoon the results of my blood work.

I'll update after I hear from the nurse.

No comments: