Saturday, May 23, 2009

To my loved ones...

Warning: This post may piss you off ....please read with caution.

So today I found out that I will have a new niece or nephew in January. This is normally exciting news , but for me it is bittersweet since we have been on the TTC journey for much longer than I expected or ever desired to be.

For my family and friends who are expecting or have a little one please don't be offended that I may not jump for joy with your news or want to spend a lot of time with you. Please know that I love you very much, I know what a miracle this little life that you have created is, and I am overwhelmed with joy for you. However, there will be times that I need to grieve the loss of my little one who never made it to this world. I need to be frustrated that my one heart's desire is taking longer to come to fruition, and I need a safe place for all of that to land.

Often times this blog is my safe place. It is where raw emotion can be read by the world. But it is just that...raw emotion. It is completely void of any logical reason. I need to feel and express that emotion before I can ever get to a logical response.

Please be sensitive to the situation we are in because it is definitely delicate. Know that we don't want you to have to walk on egg shells around us, but there are going to be times that are more difficult than others. I am just asking for you to be sensitive.

I love you, and I love you little one who will be here soon. I hope that you will have a cousin coming along before you know it.

No comments: