Friday, April 30, 2010

It's been one of those days....

Have you ever had one of those days when it just seems like nothing goes the way it should?  Or more likely the way you want it.

Today has been one of those days for me.  I woke up late, so I was running late for school.  On my way to school I talked to my dad and found out that there are plans for a small wedding ceremony for my brother and his wife so that they are married in the U.S. and can go back to Korea.  Then my students have just been out of control, and I have been less than patient.  On top of all of that I felt like I had to rearrange my schedule to include other things and other people decided to run late which of course throws everything else spiraling out of control. 

It's days like this that I am shown that my heart is truly focused on myself and not Christ.  I get frustrated when I realize this because that is really what I want my students to see.  I want them to see Christ.  I want them to know Him and feel unconditionally loved, and on days like today it is very, very hard to keep persevering. 

I'm definitely still a work in progress.

No comments: