Monday, April 19, 2010

An Update...

So along with preparing for adoption, we have been trying to get pregnant for several years.  Throughout those years we have had to change doctors because one doctor thought nothing was wrong with me a having 2 periods a year,  I have been diagnosed with PCOS and had a miscarriage. It seems like it has taken awhile to get here, but I am now sitting at the point where my doctor wants to know if something else is preventing conception.  My first instinct was to just give up, and focus on finishing the school year and getting into our new house.  But as I talked with my doctor it seems that there might be something else going on...endometriosis.

As we talked it became very clear that he has a plan and given my symptoms he wants to take care of it.  So his recommendation is a laparoscopy.  Basically I go in, he makes a small incision, fills my abdomen with carbon dioxide, looks for any signs of endometriosis, lasers it off, checks to see that the fallopian tubes are clear, if not, clears them, and then lasers some cysts out of my ovaries.  All of that and I am supposed to be in good enough shape to run on Sunday.

So we decided to move forward with it since insurance is covering it, and I will go in on Thursday, have the procedure and hopefully I will be fixed!  I'm praying, and I would appreciate yours too.  I am always a little nervous about general anesthesia...

Until next time...

1 comment:

shastastevens said...

Praying for you today. I liked the book Adopted for Life that you have there in your sidebar. A very good perspective.