Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Weekend and a New House

Over Easter we went to Mineola to visit Paul's side of the family, and we had a wonderful time.  God has truly blessed me with the BEST in-laws ever!  I know you may think yours are better, but I am telling you I feel more loved when I am with them, and I feel like they have always been part of my family.  They ROCK!

I also really like that we are the only aunt and uncle that Clara and Grady have so Clara gets SUPER excited to see us.  I'm positive Grady does too, but he just has a hard time expressing it as he is just 2 1/2 months old.  I got lots of Grady snuggles and Clara and I had a lot of fun playing, walking outside, and building a city with the foam toys Grandmother got for bath time.  (She wanted me to go with her for bath time).  She has such a precious spirit, and is fixing to turn 2, and I am constantly amazed by how caring she is.  She wants to make sure that Grady has his pacifier whenever he cries, she does an amazing job "organizing" and "cleaning" which I am sure she got from her Grandmother, and she loves to snuggle and give hugs and kisses.  She makes you feel loved and she isn't even 2 yet.  I am so excited to how she grows into the woman that God has created her to be.  

Anyway, while we were there we were fed wonderfully (and Dad C makes the best Charro and Baked Beans I have EVER HAD, and I am positive that it isn't just the bean pot he used).  I also had a chance to make French Onion Soup again and this time with Gruyere cheese.  

Now, I have read a lot about this cheese, and I was so excited to try it.  I tried it before cooking it and it was wonderful, I smelled it after taking it out of the oven and I wondered what I had done to my soup.  But let me say this, once it cooled a little I realized that is some of the BEST cheese I have ever had.  I don't say that lightly...I really have never had cheese that is as good as Gruyere and I am going to only have to use that when I cook something that would take Swiss Cheese.  If you haven't tried it then feel free to come on over and I will make some French Onion Soup and you will see that I am right!!

On to more exciting things, we have put our house on the market (if you know ANYONE who is looking in South Austin PLEASE send them by), and we have put a contract to build in Buda.  We went to decorating today, and I am SO EXCITED about this new house I can't wait to move in.  I will try to take pictures through the process and post some pictures soon of some of the options we chose.  I think you will like them!

No comments: