Monday, October 10, 2011

5 weeks, 18 weeks, 9 months, 1 year, 13 years, 30 years

Saturday I attended the memorial service of my dear friend, Amy Brunson Schinzler. There were many tears, there were laughs, and there were sighs of relief.

Of course, everyone who knew Amy is devastated that she isn't here with us anymore. She made everyone who knew her smile, and she is one of the most inspirational people that I know. For a person who dealt with so much cancer, she came to know Christ in a deeper way. It had helped me to know Christ in a deeper way, and more grateful for trials I face. God's grace is shown in trials. He uses them to draw us to a deeper understanding of who He is, and how much He loves us.


I heard something at the memorial service that really hit my heart, and I have been pondering it since then. Bobby Pruitt said "To us 30 years doesn't seem long enough, but to Amy (now that she is in heaven) 30 years was too long."

That is so true. I think I struggle with eternity because I don't know what it will be like. I don't know what Heaven is really like because I haven't experienced it. But I believe that what the Bible says is true, and because of that I know that Heaven will be AMAZING! I know that I will know God in a deeper way than ever before because sin won't be hindering it.

So here is what God showed me through this. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks...that seemed too short to me, but to that baby it was too long. We lost Owen at 18 weeks. To me that was too short, but to Owen it was too long. A friend of my mom's lost her baby at 9 months, to us that was too short, but to that baby it was too long. My best friend died in a car accident in 8th grade, to us it was too short, but to her it was too long.

You see, when you have accepted Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, your sins are forgiven. Your eternity is going to be greater than you could ever ask or imagine. And the time you have on this earth may seem to short, but once in Heaven we will all know our time on Earth was too long because Christ is so much greater.


No comments: