Monday, October 31, 2011

One Year Ago Today

A year ago today I was sitting in a hospital room waiting to see the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor at North Austin Medical Center. We had just been told that we had lost one of our twins, and no one knew why, but I needed to be admitted where my doctor could check things out. We were later told that it looked as if his placenta had detached from the uterine lining. We were told that these things just happen. There was nothing we could do to prevent it. It's a risk when you are pregnant with twins.

A year later, I still grieve. I still miss our sweet Owen, but I get to spend my days with the sweetest girl I know. Her daddy brought her in to snuggle this morning. She wasn't interested in snuggling. She wanted to play. Her joyful squeals and sweet smiles warm my heart. The way she masks her yawns makes me smile. Hearing her say "dada" is something we treasure in our hearts.

A year ago we were worried that we wouldn't have this sweet girl here. We were worried that we would lose her too.

But a year later we have experienced God's faithfulness on a daily basis, and are preparing to adopt two babies from Haiti.

And we are so grateful that He has brought us through the dessert.

No comments: