Monday, October 17, 2011

We're Getting Started

After many referrals to different orphanages and adoption agencies we are finally getting started in the process to adopt our children. We have a meeting Wednesday evening with an agency to go over cost, applications, timelines, etc.

I'm a little giddy to be honest. I've wanted to adopt my whole life, and I know God has been calling our family to care for orphans we just didn't know when and where. We're excited.

I know that this process is going to be long, we've been told to expect it take 2 years. I know that once we bring our children home it isn't going to be a fairy tale, but a very real challenge. I know that it isn't going to be easy, but I do know that God is going to be with us through this process. I know that God knows which children will come into our home, where the money will come from, and how we will all adapt to one another. God has this all planned out and it is perfect, but not easy.

Please keep us in your prayers as we begin this process. We have a lot of decisions to make. So here is what you can be praying for now:

1) Wisdom about which agency to go through.

2) Wisdom about whether or not we should even go through an agency or just work through an orphanage to complete the adoption.

3) God's protection over our children while they wait for us. That they will know they are loved, cared for and desired by us. And they will know they won't be orphans for long.

4) God will provide the money for us to bring our children home.

Also, please keep our friends Jake and Krista in your prayers as they are in Uganda RIGHT NOW waiting for a judge to give them guardianship of their son. They have a court date Friday. 

No comments: