Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Month 1 of Becoming a Healthier Wife, Mama, and Friend

January has FLOWN by for me. We have been busy celebrating birthdays, getting back into our routine, and doing so home projects.

My first goal for 2012 was to plan meals, cook and grocery shop. I actually did a really good job of it this month. There is always room for improvement, but I have TONS of motivation to keep going. I'm beginning to enjoy the time at the grocery store. I get excited about trying new recipes, and I LOVE having time outside of the house with Julia. Last week I felt like it took us an extra long time to get through the grocery store because everyone wanted to stop and talk to Julia. She was so smiley, and she had LOTS of admirers. Especially the little old men that were shopping. She was very flirtatious.

I feel like we did a better job of planning and getting to the grocery store than we have in the past. And the 2 weeks I didn't make it we had stuff in our house that we could eat so we weren't eating out as much. I've been watching Rachael Ray and she had some recipes I wanted to try and we both really enjoyed it...I think Julia did too, but she pretty much eats anything ;).

My goal is February is to Fall in Love with My Savior all over again. I actually started that in January too, but it is my main focus of February. I found a website through a friend called Inspired to Action, and I started reading through Psalms in a study that she has on her blog. It has really been changing my heart. I LOVE it!

We have been really bad about going to bed at a reasonable hour and getting up to make it to worship service on Sunday. I have been listening to the sermons during the week, but I feel like I am still missing out on something. I am going to make it a goal this month to go to bed no later than 10pm on Saturday and get up earlier so we can make to worship service at 9am, and not just to serve at 11:15 am.

I'm excited about this next month. I'm looking forward to knowing Jesus in a deeper way, and really seeing how He changes my heart! (And I'm gonna continue to make it to the grocery store.)

No comments: